Monday, September 2, 2013

Changing seasons, changing times

With the end of summer comes change. Not only the change of schedules and daily life, but the changing of seasons, and for me and my dad's family, other changes. I won't go into detail, but it's been a bumpy ride this week for our family. To make things more challenging, we are all in different places in the country, and the world.

One major thing that I've learned over the past week is that no matter how separated our family is, we are still a family, and together we are stronger than any of us could ever be alone. I'm beyond grateful for them, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them and miss them. Stay strong, Kirby's, stay strong.

Anywho, long story short, we have to move on, and embrace one of my favorite seasons, autumn. School starts tomorrow, and everyone is finally back in Houghton. Well, almost everyone. Still missing cousin Mitch, it will for sure be a weird semester without him, but lucky for us we have Skype, Facebook, and all our friends here in Houghton. He's having one helluva time down under, and I'm really happy for him. And jealous.

Anyways, it finally got chilly today, and I'm loving every bit of it. Soon the leaves will start changing, the jeans and boots will be broken into to again, and the winter winds will start blowing.



Welllll, off to organize my life again. Got 9:30 Economics tomorrow, yeeeeeehaw. Less go, Junior year.


No comments:

Post a Comment