Wednesday, December 4, 2013

January 6th, comin' in hot

Once again, I've been swept up in a rush of college life and haven't found time to post on here for another month and a half....oops. Now here we are in December, and Houghton is getting its first snow dump. Been snowing all day, and expected to continue for....well, only Lake Superior knows.

I admit, I should be focusing more on studying for finals here in the library, but I just took a quick e-mail break to find a new message from Kohler. I've been waiting! After skimming it, then reading it a few more times in greater detail out of excitement, it told me that I would be starting a little over a month, on January 6th. WHOA, hold up.

That's in what, a month??! I have a week and a half left of school, and a week of finals between me and Christmas. Then I start....work? My first "big girl" job, too.....I'm so excited but yet so nervous. Sure gonna miss these folks in Houghton, but I'm sure I'll be making plenty ski trips on the weekends.

In order to send me off and to kick off 2014 the right way, I just purchased tickets to the Trampled by Turtles concert in Milwaukee for New Year's Eve! Mitch, my cousin, is back from his adventures in New Zealand and we agreed that it'd be fun if we could get a crew together for one last bluegrass concert of the year. So as of now, me, Mitch, Hayden, Mike and Mitch's friends from NZ are all gonna be there for NYE. Words can't describe how excited I am! I LOVED their concert in Duluth this past summer and since then I've been so anxious to see them again.

So that's that. Life just keeps happening. Gotta get back to studying now...gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment