Monday, December 1, 2014

See ya.

So it's been awhile! And this is my last post.

I know I haven't been good about keeping up with my blog. Part of it is due to my crazy life of work, school, friends and family. But a bigger part of it is because I'm trying to slowly kill off of my online presence.

These days it's all about being someone online, whether it's the true you or someone you want to be, and I'm getting tired of it. I used to post photos on Facebook, but stopped after the summer because I realized how many things I have out in cyberspace, and was alarmed by how much I didn't care about my lack of privacy.

I'm also doing it for my sanity and my eyes and neck. I sit in front of a screen for at least 80% of the time I'm awake. Some nights I even lay awake and check my phone in the middle of the night. And I'm no expert on sleep habits, but I'm almost certain that my phone and all the screen time are contributing to my changed sleep patterns. I rarely sleep through a whole night anymore.

In short, I'm slowly walking away from Facebook. I've stopped my tweeting almost completely. I now have a smart phone, so I am on Instagram and Snapchat, but only a selected few can see my posts. I turn my phone on "do not disturb" mode every night at 10.

I've even started sending my friends letters in the mail. Reading is my new way to kill time. And I even began keeping a daily journal just to get a break from the screens.

And so yes, I'm ditching the blog world.

So sorry to whoever is still reading this, but this is my official goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment