Monday, October 29, 2012

Planning, researching, fun fun fun

Now it's time for the game plan of this major assignment. I'm sticking with researching the generational personality differences from the early 1900s until the current millennial generation and how developing technology influences these differences.

 Right now, making a movie looks like a lot of work in the midst of a busy semester for me. I looked into what making an infographic would take, and found a website called Easelly that provides themes and templates for creating infographics. Once I start researching I think the rest should fall into place. Hopefully.

I also started snooping around for some articles I can use to gather information for this project. Pew Research wrote a quality article on the characteristics of the Millennials that I found interesting, for example. We, the millennials, are described as "confident, self-expressive, liberal, upbeat and open to change." We are confident with new forms of technology because we are digital natives, in contrast to older generations who are unfamiliar with them because they are digital immigrants. We express our different but ultimately similar personalities through social media and other forms of digital media. We tend to be liberal and free in our young and expressive age. We are upbeat and energetic with youth. And finally, with ever changing technologies, we have to be open to change.

By examining my generation, this is just the beginning of my research. I will still need to do an in-depth   examination of the other generations of the century and ultimately compare them all. Then I will look at the technologies of the time and tie it all together. I look forward to looking at the contrasts and similarities, then creating an info graphic to illustrate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment