Monday, February 11, 2013

Taking a breath

And Winter Carnival 2013 comes to an end. The friends and families leave, the activities die down, and reality starts back up again. I can't help but feel a little sad knowing that this fun and relaxing week has ended and I have to wake up for class once again tomorrow.

Winter Carnival 2013 is one heck of a unique experience here in Houghton, MI. The all-nighter on Wednesday was like nothing I've ever experienced, with most of the school's population all on campus together, watching the snow fall on the dance floor as we all dance and laugh the night away. It's hard to find another university that puts on a 4 day long weekend for its students just to celebrate winter, friendships and snow. Here's a glimpse of campus that night - that's me, my roomie Chelsea and her boyfriend Sean.


Speaking of snow, there's an annual theme to the snow sculptures that are built all around campus that different student orgs work on. This year it was super heros and villans. Here's a few pics:





Anyways, after all the chaos and fun of the past 4 nights died down and I rolled out of bed around noon or so today, I didn't think twice to get suited up and go for a ski to calm myself down and get back to reality before I began my homework and such. I literally skied for 90 minutes, and then stopped in the middle of the woods, and took a deep breath of the warm 30 degree air. I realized how awesome this week was, and how excited I am for next year already.

After spending the long weekend with my closest friends up here and making new friends, I look back on it and truly feel grateful and happy for my decision to attend school up here. I've met so many amazing people and truly hope that they will stay in my life forever. I heart da Yoop.

And yes, with a busy week ahead and a busier year ahead, I'm already counting down the hours till Friday and the days till Winter Carnival 2014. Best week ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment